Reliability is one of the qualities our Clients value most in Specialists. You are expected to work the shifts you claim, but we understand that life can occasionally get in the way.
If you can’t make it to your claimed shift for any reason, you must drop that shift in your app so someone else can claim it. You cannot drop a shift by calling contacting Shiftgig or Client representatives unless you are explicitly asked to do so in your app.
To drop a shift:
- Go to the My Shifts section
- Select the shift you wish to drop
- Tap the red Drop Shift button and follow the prompts in the app.
You are expected to drop any shifts you can’t attend in your app with at least 48-hour notice. Because we understand emergencies happen, you are allowed to Late Drop up to two shifts per every 10 shifts you claim. A pattern of drops with less than 48-hour notice may mean Shiftgig isn’t the right fit for you. Save your Late Drops for absolute emergencies!
There are three types of dropped shifts:
- Early Drop- If done far enough in advance, drops do not count against you but doing so repeatedly will impact your reliability score. To avoid getting a strike against your account, make sure your drop occurs:
- 48 hours or more before the shift start time
- For more information, see What does my reliability score do?
- Late Drop- Dropping a shift close to its start time will count as a strike against you which counts toward the 3 in 10 Policy.
- Late Drops are defined as, dropping a shift 48 hours or fewer before the shift start time
- 3 in 10 Policy-In every 10 shifts claimed, you are allowed a maximum of 2 strikes (Late Drops, late arrivals, or other attendance issues). Any combination of 3 strikes is grounds for deactivation from the app and account review. Once you reach your third strike, your account will be frozen and you will be contacted via email. This email will invite you to contact us within 7 days to discuss your account. If you successfully clear the strike(s), your account is reactivated; if you don't respond or fail to clear the strike(s), you will receive a second email stating your relationship has been terminated from Shiftgig. Consistently working claimed shifts without incident improves your reliability score and reduces your risk of deactivation.
- No Call No Show- If you do not show up to a claimed shift and have not dropped the shift in your app, it counts as 3 strikes. This is a serious offense, is grounds for immediate termination, and may result in deactivation of your account.