The majority of pay questions can be answered by reviewing your pay statements and work history in your app. To make sure you have access to all your pay information:
- Pull up your previous week’s shifts in the Past Shifts section of your Shiftgig app profile.
- View your pay statements in ADP (see How do I access my pay stubs?).
- Using the information from your app and pay statements, review the following common questions about your paycheck:
Review this list of common questions about your pay:
1. Have you registered for ADP?
Please follow these instructions to register for our payroll provider, ADP.
2. Are you looking at the right pay period?
The pay week starts on Sunday and ends on Saturday. Payment for the Sunday-Saturday period is issued on the following Friday (six days after the pay week ends). If you work a full weekend, payments for that weekend are issued on separate checks--Saturday on one Friday, Sunday on the next Friday.
3. Did you factor in required deductions?
Taxes are withheld according to the allowances you entered on your W4 and state tax forms. Even if you declare exemption, the federal government requires FICA (Social Security and Medicare) tax withholding. Court ordered garnishments may also be withheld.
4. Did you account for unpaid breaks?
Breaks 20 minutes or longer are unpaid unless otherwise specified in shift details.
5. My pay is different than what I thought:
- Did you clock in and out for every shift in that workweek?
- Did you factor in tax deductions?
- Are you looking at the right pay period (Sunday through Saturday)? See When will I get paid?
- Did you work a shift that you did not officially claimed in the app? See What if I was asked by a Client to come work a Shift that I didn’t claim in the app?